Today on the podcast we talk with Cheyenne Yates, a University of Georgia wildlife graduate student from the UGA Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources. Cheyenne is a part of a team studying fawn mortality in the southern Appalachia region primarily two WMA’s in north Georgia. Deer populations are declining and have decreased 82 percent in the last three decades. We dive into why this is in our conversation.
We encourage you to listen to the podcast by clicking the link below. If you like the podcast please also take time to subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes by clicking the link below. These positive reviews and subscriptions help us more than you know.
iTunes link: Episode #15
In this episode we discuss:
- Fawn Mortality
- Declines in deer populations in Appalachia
- Predator effects on fawn survival
- Black bear population increases
- Collaring Deer
- Habitat influences on fawn survival
- How you can affect change
- How you can help local researchers
- And so much more