Today on the podcast we talk with Wayne Kelly, a local taxidermist in Georgia. Wayne is a licensed taxidermist out of Stockbridge, Georgia with over 32 years of experience. He is also featured in McKenzie Taxidermy Supply. In this episode we discuss preserving your harvest in the southern heat to keep it from spoiling. He also gives a lot of advice, tips and tricks on how to properly care for your deer after the harvest to ensure the best mount and processing possible.
*We didn’t get to this in the podcast, but if you harvest a velvet buck and want to mount it, the quicker you can get it to a taxidermist the better. If not freeze the antlers or keep it cool until you can do so.
We encourage you to listen to the podcast by clicking the link below. If you like the podcast please also take time to subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes by clicking the link below. These positive reviews and subscriptions help us more than you know.
iTunes link: Episode #14
In this episode we discuss:
- Preserving a deer in the heat
- How to properly dress your deer for a mount
- Maintaining a mount’s hide annually
- Common mistakes all hunters make
- How to care for your mount before taking it to the taxidermy
- Properly and legally transporting deer from one state to another
- Creating a game plan with your taxidermist to mount your game
- Is road kill really edible?
- And so much more
- To learn more about Mangle Broadheads and to receive 10% go to manglebroadheads.com
- To learn more about Wayne Kelly’s Taxidermy go to wktaxidermy.com
- To follow Wayne Kelly’s Taxidermy on Instagram go to www.instagram.com/waynekellytaxidermy/
- To follow us on Facebook click here.
- Like us on Instagram by clicking here.
- Keep up with us at whitetailguruhunting.com